Welcome to the
Facilities and Parks Website
The Facilities and Parks Department is a new County department created in the fiscal year 2012, 120 years after the County commissioned its first building!
Under the direction of Betty Bueché, Facilities and Parks Director, the department is directly responsible for the daily implementation of all construction programs, including: master planning, program definition and planning estimates; architectural and engineering designs; securing Certificates of Occupancy; coordinating the transition from construction to building occupancy; executing the construction warranty phase; and, continued maintenance and operation of those facilities.
Under sustainable practices and principles, the Department defines, directs and achieves excellence in external and internal public service programs in three major areas: urban and community planning; facility planning, construction, and maintenance; and operation of selected programs.
The Facilities and Parks Department is responsible for:
- Developing master plans for the advancement of Bexar County’s development for the future
- Acquiring new properties to maintain and build upon the counties assets
- Redistributing and reassigning of existing and new office and associated spaces
- Maintaining and operating multiple Parks throughout Bexar County
- Providing a safe secure family atmosphere with picnic areas, playground equipment and covered pavilions along with restroom facilities and other amenities
- Operating a Parks Reservation system to schedule time and usage for each county park
Facilities & Parks Director