The BCOEM is partnering with the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) to conduct a community survey of emergency preparedness across the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area during November/December 2014. Click here for more information about the survey.
What To Do
Each emergency is unique and knowing the actions to take for each threat will impact the specific decisions and preparations you make.
Bexar County Office of Emergency Management
Welcome to the Bexar County Office of Emergency Management (BCOEM) website. The BCOEM coordinates the Bexar County emergency management efforts in order to prepare, prevent, plan, respond and recover from all-hazard events. The BCOEM is active in the community in a variety of ways:
- Respond to emergencies/disasters within Bexar County and the region.
- Develop, maintain, and coordinate Emergency Management plans.
- Conduct/attend all-hazards training and exercises.
- Monitor emergency/disaster incidents and manage the Emergency Operations Center.
- On-scene command, control, and communication for emergencies/disasters.
- Participate in the Incident Management Team.
- Coordinate public information and the dissemination of warnings.
- Strengthen community education and preparedness through Volunteer management and coordination of Volunteer Organizations Active in Disasters (VOAD).
- Coordinate relief and recovery operations.